Cockroaches can survive weeks without food and water. There has also been studies that show they are capable of living through a nuclear blast. Getting rid of a cockroach infestation can be a burden, and isn’t a easy task.
Not only are cockroaches disgusting, and strong, they also can carry bacteria such as salmonella, staphylococcus, and streptococcus. The cockroach can also be found harboring even more serious viruses.
Studies show that squashing a cockroach when seen is not the best practice, as this could potentially bring out other cockroaches that will feed on the others dead corpses.
If there is one cockroach in your house there is almost always more hiding. Cockroaches multiply quickly, and the longer you let them stay in your house the worse the infestation becomes. So it is always a good idea to get rid of them as quick as possible. One of the causes leading to a cockroach infestation is not having regular pest control inspections and treatments. Kirkwood Pest Control cockroach experts and can eliminate your cockroach problems. Call Kirkwood Pest Control today! 1-800-537-8055
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
- Spotting dead cockroaches in your home.
- You notice Cockroach feces around the house. (appears like black pepper or ground up coffee)
- Hatched cockroach egg shells are noticed.
- Seeing roaches during the day often indicates a severe infestation.
- Severe infestations can also cause a musty smell.
Measures To Help Prevent Cockroaches
- The main preventative action is to keep the house clean.
- Vacuum on a regular basis.
- Keep food in sealed containers.
- Empty garbage can regularly.
- Seal wall cracks sink drain pipes.
Infestations can happen even if your home is clean and food is stored properly. This usually means they’ve entered the house through a drain pipe or small cracks that provide opportunity for entry. If you think you have an infestation call us today.