Do you feel like your home is being invaded by pests this time of year? When temperatures start to drop, pests look for places they can lay eggs and survive until spring. Pests love to winter in your nice warm home. Spiders, mice, squirrels and ants are just a few pests that look for any opportunity to enter your home.
Rodents not only cause damage to your home but they also carry diseases. They nest in your insulation and can even gnaw through electrical wires creating a potential fire hazard. Once rodents get inside they rarely exit on their own. Mice breed quickly and populations may grow rapidly. If you hear noises in your walls and attic, don’t hesitate to call Kirkwood Pest Control for a home inspection. 1-800-537-8055
The best thing you can do is seal off their entry points.
Steps to Eliminate Entry Points for Pests
- Seal around doors, windows and basement entrances
- Seal cracks in your foundation walls
- Seal any gaps between your siding and the foundation
- Check your dryer vent to make sure it seals properly
- Remove any nests from gaps in the soffit and fill these areas
- Rake leaves and mulch away from basement windows and wood framing
- Trim any bushes or trees with limbs touching the house
- Help eliminate spiders in your basement by using a dehumidifier
- Store pet food in covered plastic containers
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from your house
Taking these preventive measures to keep insects out of your home is a relatively simple and low cost solution. Fight back against pests!
Kirkwood Pest Control offers year-round pest protection. Call Kirkwood today and have a pest free home this winter. 1-800-537-8055.